Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
Serve this Cheesy Zucchini Rice with your favorite family meal! It goes perfectly well with pretty much anything! Try this recipe now and taste it yourself. Enjoy!
½ c shredded cheddar cheese
½ c Panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp melted butter
½ c grated Parmesan cheese, plus an additional 2 tbsp
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
4 c grated zucchini I used about 3.5 medium zucchinis
1 tbsp minced garlic
½ teaspoon salt
½ c finely diced onion I like to use frozen diced onion as a shortcut
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a small baking dish.
3. Put the zucchini in a colander, then sprinkle salt. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. Wrap the zucchini, then squeeze it to remove most of the liquid.
5. Add the zucchini, eggs, garlic, onion, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese into the prepared baking dish. Use your clean hands to mix everything.
6. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
7. Add bread crumbs, 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese, and melted butter into a mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
8. Remove the zucchini from the oven, then sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top.
9. Put it back inside the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
11. Serve warm and enjoy!
Feel free to garnish with your preferred herbs.
It is important to drain the zucchini before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
Serving: 1/6 of the casserole | Calories: 225 kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 594mg | Potassium: 299mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 16.2mg | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 1mg
Don’t forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!